Working with leaders in both the corporate and education sectors provides great insights into how various stakeholders view the same situation differently. While this is perfectly normal, it does bring with it some key considerations.
- Understand the perspectives of others. For this to occur, we need to be aware of what our biases are and how they may sometimes preclude us from seeing the facts.
- Develop skills to approach conversations with openness, curiosity, and respect… and not in anger or frustration (easier said than done).
- Hold ourselves and others to account in a respectful way.
- Adopt a positive mindset.
- Focus on personal humility – engage in ongoing self-reflection. Take responsibility for your words and actions and do not blame others.
- Adopt a professional will – establish a clear standard and set firm boundaries at all times
- Your thoughts, words, and actions must always be in alignment. At the forefront of this consideration…always honour the dignity of the human person.
Where do you stand with the seven considerations?